Thank you for visiting The Water! We are a non-denominational Christian church, currently online, with plans to open an “on-ground” worship facility in the near future. In the meantime, we invite you to enjoy our website and to take advantage of the teachings and devotionals that we hope will enrich your life and rejuvenate your spirit.
OUR MINISTRIES (Coming Soon!)
- Homeless Outreach
- Prayer Team
- Music & Worship
- St. Francis Animal Blessing & Rescue
The ministry team also performs weddings, baptisms, christenings, and memorial services. Please contact us to make arrangements:
- We believe that that the Holy Bible, comprised of 66 sacred books, is the only true, unerring, and infallible Word of God. We believe that the Bible’s content was communicated by the Holy Spirit to human authors and that it provides the only enduring, complete, and consecrated guide for life and godly, moral living. (2 Peter 1:21; 3:16; Psalms 19:7-9; 2 Timothy 3:16.)
- We believe in one true and living God, who exists in the form of three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), each equally holy and divine. We believe God is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (present in all places), omnipotent (all powerful), sovereign, holy, unchanging, righteous, just, loving, merciful, infinite, and eternal. We believe that those who are born again are God’s treasured possessions. (Deuteronomy 6:4 and 26;18; John 20:28; Acts 5:3-4; Romans 11:36; Colossians 2:9).
- We believe that man and woman (Adam and Eve) were created by God in His image and likeness. Though initially free from sin, they were tempted by Satan and sinned against God, resulting in spiritual and physical death. All of mankind (born of Adam and Eve) are thus sinful and immoral in nature and separated from God without His spiritual redemption. God sent His one and only Son, Jesus Christ, to atone for humanity’s sins by suffering and dying on the Cross at Golgotha (Genesis 1:27; 2-7; 3:1-13; Ecclesiastes 7:29; Romans 3:11; 5; 12-21; 8:7-8; Ephesians 2:1-8).
- We believe that Jesus Christ, the Messiah born of the Virgin Mary, is the only Son of God who was sent to earth, in the form of both man and spirit, to take the punishment that was meant for humanity. Without sin, and in perfect love, He was crucified, buried, and resurrected. He ascended to heaven where He is seated at the right hand of God, the Father. (Luke 14:25-26; 22:69; John 1:1-3, 14; Acts 3:20-23; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:6-8; Hebrews 4:15; 5:5-6).
- We believe that the Cross of Christ is the holy and blessed symbol of our faith, deserving of respect and its proper place in every church and place of Christian worship.
- We believe that Christ's righteousness and atoning death is a gift of grace from God which allows every person to be saved (born again) and to experience the eternity of heaven. We receive this grace by faith, through Jesus, and not by any of our own works or self-effort. (1 Corinthians 15:3; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 3:9; Romans 5:6, 18-19; Galatians 2:21; Ephesians 2:8-9; Romans 8:31-34; Acts 11:18).
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, a person fully of God and the third member of the Trinity, who dwells in the spirit of every believer. The Holy Spirit is the giver of life. He is our comforter and our advocate. He leads, strengthens, empowers, teaches, intercedes, assures, and sanctifies. The Holy Spirit warns us of sin, creates in us a desire for righteousness and obedience, teaches us truth, comforts and heals us, and builds our moral character. (John 14:16-26 and 15:26; 16:4, 7-11, 14; Acts 1:8; 4:31; 16:14; Deuteronomy 26:18; Romans 8-14, 8:16, 8:26 and 15:16; Galatians 3:25 and 5:22-23; Philippians 1:6; 2:12-13; 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:13; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Jude 24-25).
- We believe that the Christian church is one family, spiritually united in Jesus and that, as believers and children of God, we are never strangers to one another, but fellow citizens in the household of God. We believe it is our mission to spread the gospel to all nations on the earth. And we believe that the practices of baptism and Communion are to be partaken by believing and repentant Christians. (Ephesians 2:19; John 1: 12-13; Mark 16:15; Matthew 24:14 and 28:19-20; Psalms 96:3; Revelation 14:6-7; Acts 2:38-41, 8;16 and 10:48; Matthew 28:19; Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:15).
- We believe that there exists a literal heaven and hell, and we believe in the resurrection of the dead, some to eternal life and joyful rest with God in the glorious kingdom of heaven, and others to eternal darkness and separation from God. We believe that Christ will come again to gather His church and to restore peace to the earth. Jesus said in John 14:3, “If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” This is the blessed hope for Christian believers. (Matthew 24:31; 25:46; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17; 2 Timothy 4:1; Mark. 9:43-48; 2 Thessalonians 1:9; Revelation 21).
- We believe that giving is an integral part of the Christian experience and that giving of one’s self and resources provides profound joy and demonstrates our love and devotion to God. We believe in “giving with thanksgiving,” meaning that, as we share of ourselves, we give thanks to God for the many blessings and gifts He provides every day. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7; Malachi 3:10; Proverbs 11:24; Luke 6:38; Acts 4:34-35 and 20:35; Leviticus 27:30; Deuteronomy 16:17; Job 41:11; Galatians 6:9; John 3:16).